Post subject: Final disappointment from AF
 Post Posted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 1:24 pm 
Senior

Vehicle: MPS3 mkI aero
Bhp: 260
lbf·ft: 280
Colour: Crystal White Pearl
So I just had my renewal email come through from AF :hmm:

Not that I was expecting a decent premium from them once again they surprised me at how bad their quotes have become!

To insure just myself (male/27) with 7 years NCB protected, clean licence, 1 non fault accident in 2012 settled and living in one of the safest postcodes according to the online insurance postcode checker, with all extras like driving other cars/key cover/breakdown cover etc etc they have quoted...

£1080!! :loopy: :yikes: AF :kick: Me

Are they having a bubble???? I'm getting quotes off confused and all the other comparison sites for 450 tops with my Mrs added at the same level of cover!! Absolute :censored: jokers

Done: 2nd De-cat

To do list: SRI/TIP, Custom Backbox, Hard REM, Cobb AP, Tints, Paint Calipers & Clean regularly!!

Post subject: Re: Final disappointment from AF
 Post Posted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:23 pm 

Bhp: 0
lbf·ft: 0
Mr and Mrs MPS wrote:
So I just had my renewal email come through from AF :hmm:

Not that I was expecting a decent premium from them once again they surprised me at how bad their quotes have become!

To insure just myself (male/27) with 7 years NCB protected, clean licence, 1 non fault accident in 2012 settled and living in one of the safest postcodes according to the online insurance postcode checker, with all extras like driving other cars/key cover/breakdown cover etc etc they have quoted...

£1080!! :loopy: :yikes: AF :kick: Me

Are they having a bubble???? I'm getting quotes off confused and all the other comparison sites for 450 tops with my Mrs added at the same level of cover!! Absolute :censored: jokers

Hello

Sorry to hear this, can you please DM some details and I'll look at this straight away.

Regards

Dan

Post Posted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:30 pm 
Senior

No need Dan mate

Sorry to be such a neggy as its not you as a person but AF can swivel mate, already lost my patience with the silly charges when I moved and changed cars so they deffo took the biscuit with this and won't be getting anymore business from me.

I know AF act as a broker and in my case my underwriter was Equity Redstar, just let your superiors know that your underwriters aren't doing you any favours at all and on another note, offer the monthly payments direct because I had nothing but stress and aggro when I changed my details and somehow AF didn't pass the info to your 3rd party finance company... I'm not the only one who has suffered similar service by AF in my circle of friends either

To do list: SRI/TIP, Custom Backbox, Hard REM, Cobb AP, Tints, Paint Calipers & Clean regularly!!

Post Posted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:10 pm 

Bhp: 267
lbf·ft: 290
Colour: Black Mica
Sky did the same to me mate I had to pay £101 to change it over to the mps to keep the 3 remaining months I had already payed for then at my renewal they hit me with £715. When I rang them they did say they could do it for £475 but I left them anyway their useless, if I needed to ring them which I did a couple of times my call was in a que on the phone for over 30 mins and everyone you speak to must be about 19 and use terms like "the bimmer" to descibe my old car. Never again.

Black mk1 3mps aero sports, - k&n typhoon, JBR TIP, 20% rear tints, painted red callipers & black badge, Auto gauges boost gauge with dash pod mound, Alloys refurbished in a darker grey, 225/40/18 Goodyear eagle f1 asymmetric 3's all round, dyno'd at 267.7bhp and 290lb ft at Evotune Durham.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 6:46 pm 
Senior

Steven5612 wrote:
Sky did the same to me mate I had to pay £101 to change it over to the mps to keep the 3 remaining months I had already payed for then at my renewal they hit me with £715. When I rang them they did say they could do it for £475 but I left them anyway their useless, if I needed to ring them which I did a couple of times my call was in a que on the phone for over 30 mins and everyone you speak to must be about 19 and use terms like "the bimmer" to descibe my old car. Never again.

Painful isnt it bud, leaving out of principle even if they offered to insure it for £250 as I know the hassle attached to having a policy with them

Post Posted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 7:56 pm 
MPSOC Member

Vehicle: MPS3 mkI
Bhp: 2
lbf·ft: 5
Colour: Sunlight Silver Metallic
use one of the go compare or mercat sites they will beat them hands down ! my insurance is dew and a fully comp quote from admiral for 208 pounds fully comp all mods declared

Post Posted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:54 pm 

Mr and Mrs MPS wrote:
No need Dan mate

Sorry to be such a neggy as its not you as a person but AF can swivel mate, already lost my patience with the silly charges when I moved and changed cars so they deffo took the biscuit with this and won't be getting anymore business from me.

I know AF act as a broker and in my case my underwriter was Equity Redstar, just let your superiors know that your underwriters aren't doing you any favours at all and on another note, offer the monthly payments direct because I had nothing but stress and aggro when I changed my details and somehow AF didn't pass the info to your 3rd party finance company... I'm not the only one who has suffered similar service by AF in my circle of friends either

Hi.
Thanks for the feedback. I appreciate that we've probably have lost your business this year but I would apprentice it if you could PM me your reference so I can at least pass your comments on to the relevant people.
Must admit I'm surprised that we seem so far out compared to the other quotations you have been getting.
Regards,
Dan.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:54 am 

Vehicle: MPS3 mkI
Bhp: 400
Colour: Black Mica
bloody hell thats well dear, mine was 1200 this year, living 7 miles from manchester centre, 3 points, 4ync, 1 non fault, and about 10K worth of mods declared 450bhp, thats with all legal cover and courtesy car full comp on other cars, guarantee value and all that sort of extras

BNR3,snow stage 2 meth injection :D, 3"HTP induction, HDI GT2 PRO FMIC, jetex cb, ATP LDP, 3bar map sensor,Grimmspeed EBCS Electronic Boost Control Solenoid, forge v2 recerc, autotech HPFP, silicone return hose, silicone radiador hoses, small battery tray, stoptech drillied/slotted discs front and back, painted callipers front and back, wrapped bonnet and wing mirrors, tinted rear windows, custom side mount number plate holder, custom reupholstered seats and door cards, dipped centre console,AEM digital/analogue boost gauge-oil temp/pressure gauges, road angel jem, mio incarr cctv, built in freeview, bluetooth parrot kit, satnav, iPod connectivity, new age auto glow in the dark spider gear nob, polly ARB bushes front/rear,front whiteline strut bace, BC racing colliers, VVT

Post Posted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:38 am 
Senior

Vehicle: MPS6
Bhp: 254
Colour: Velocity Red Metallic
I did speak to AF a number of times before accepting a quote.

Then the paperwork came through and the premium was vastly lower than what they had said over the phone and the rest was additional charges, I was told I'd get flex drive "free", that was charged for.

Explanation of policy when I accepted wasn't clear at all, and I felt I wasn't given what I'd asked for. Phoned them up to say don't bother £45 charge for NOT having them insure me, this was before the date the insurance was meant to start.

Helpful threads http://tinyurl.com/kjykgbd

Edge 2016 Groupbuy #2 - viewtopic.php?f=84&t=24079

Post Posted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:32 am 
Senior

~Divine~Wind~ wrote:
I did speak to AF a number of times before accepting a quote.

Then the paperwork came through and the premium was vastly lower than what they had said over the phone and the rest was additional charges, I was told I'd get flex drive "free", that was charged for.

Explanation of policy when I accepted wasn't clear at all, and I felt I wasn't given what I'd asked for. Phoned them up to say don't bother £45 charge for NOT having them insure me, this was before the date the insurance was meant to start.

Doesn't surprise me to hear this mate, if you haven't already just tell them to either clear it immediately or you'll take them to court for mis-selling you the policy as all calls are recorded and the agent will clearly be heard to state the option of Flexi-drive was free, should make them think again

and Dan, as mentioned before, I have no interest in giving details, you can pass those comments to your superior without me given info, if they want to verify a customer said it then show them this forum

Post Posted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 3:44 pm 
Senior

Bhp: 254
Colour: Velocity Red Metallic
theyve got the calls and listened to them and they're standing by their agent.
Not once was the actual figure for my insurance premium mentioned just a total amount.

I've managed to get then to change their "mandatory" £45 fee to a £25 one, so I'm still having to pay then £25 for NOT insuring me :/
It was that or pay £20 for a copy of the recordings but I can't be fussed with that, a CC chargeback did cross my mind tho

Helpful threads http://tinyurl.com/kjykgbd

Edge 2016 Groupbuy #2 - viewtopic.php?f=84&t=24079

Post Posted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:27 pm 
MPSOC Member

Bhp: 280
lbf·ft: 295
Colour: Titanium Grey Metallic
AF lost my business this year as well, as during the previous year I had to register a claim. It wasn't my fault, and the other driver took 100% responsibility from the get go. It happened in November and despite several weeks of my calling and asking for updates, not once did AF's chosen claims partner ULR bother to let me know what was happening. They told me to avoid dealing with the other insurer and just redirect their calls to ULR. I did this initially, but after 4 weeks I was getting nowhere, so just spoke with the other insurer who had confirmed that they were trying to arrange things so they could pay out. I put them in touch with the body shop I wanted to use and had gotten quotes from, they authorised it and my car went in and got fixed. Done and dusted, all sorted

A week later I had a missed call from ULR. They left a voicemail asking if I was getting the car booked in for repair soon.

So at renewal time, I advised AF that as long as they were going to use ULR, I would go elsewhere for my insurance even if it cost me more. After all, what's the benefit of it being cheaper if the service when you have to use it is so completely useless? Trust me, if you ever have to make a claim using ULR, you will understand what I mean...

Post Posted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 11:04 pm 
Global Moderator

Insurance companies always up there renewal prices and rely on people turning a blind eye and auto renewing there own insurance. I have no loyalty to car insurance companies and I'm sick to the teeth if hearing the reason for policy inflation is "uninsured drivers" etc etc.... not my fucking fault! Robbing cu*ts if I'm honest.

Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ]